This website is intended to be a public service of general information and to assist in resolving files placed with the Firm. It is not intended to be the practice of law. This site is also not intended to be a solicitation for business or the transaction of business in any place where viewed and may not comply with all the rules, laws, and ethical regulations of any county, state or locality. It is not guaranteed to be accurate, complete or up to date, nor is it an offer to provide any legal services; it is not intended to be a source of legal advice which the reader should obtain only from the reader's own private attorney or other competent council.
The owner of this website employs both attorneys and non attorney assistants. No e-mail communications of any kind to the Firm is accepted due to the non secure nature of email communications. No communications with the firm should be deemed to be a retainer of this Firm; and only after the Firm reviews the specific facts of a case or clients needs and enters into a formal retainer agreement in writing with a client can the Firm be deemed to have accepted representation of a matter.
In accordance with federal regulations, Sheps & Associates, PLLC (S&A) is providing you this notice to inform you how we may use non-public personal information about you or your account (Private Information). This notice applies to you whether you are a current or former customer of S&A, its clients, or the original creditor.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PRIVATE INFORMATION: We collect Private Information about you from the following sources: Information we receive from you either directly or indirectly such as information on applications or other forms, which may include your name, address, social security number, assets, and income, information about your transactions with our affiliates, other third party information providers, or us such as your account balance and payment history, public records and databases that contain publicly available data about you such as bankruptcy and mortgage filings. All of the personal information that we collect is referred to in this notice as "collected information" Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit history and creditworthiness.
INFORMATION WE DO NOT COLLECT: Information not collected includes some or all of the following: service descriptions, procedure codes, diagnosis, radiological diagnosticimages, and/or personal medical information. Any and all information that may be considered and/or covered under Doctor-Patient confidentiality (Partial listing is for illustration purposes only)
DISCLOSURE OF PRIVATE INFORMATION: We may disclose all of the information we collect (as described above) including Private Information with non-affiliate third parties, as permitted or as may be required by law and not inconsistent with or prohibited by the FDCPA.
MAINTENANCE OF ACCURATE INFORMATION: We have established procedures to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner. If you believe that our record of your Private Information is incorrect, contact the Firm by First Class US mail or by telephone 1 (845) 363-8163.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION: We restrict access to private information about you to our employees or vendors who need this information to provide products or services to you and as permitted or as may be required by law, and are not inconsistent with or prohibited by the FDCPA. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are consistent with federal standards to guard your Private Information. S&A reserves the right to monitor and/or record telephone calls for training, quality control and compliance purposes including calls originated by, or made to S&A.
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING COLLECTED INFORMATION SUBJECT TO THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT: Be assured that collected information that is received or used for purposes of collecting a debt subject to the Fair Debt collection Practices act, is communicated only in accordance with that act.
- We provide you notice of our Web site information collection practices.
- We tell you how and why we use Web technologies.
- We give you choices about how the personally identifiable information that you provide to us may be used.
- We provide you with the opportunity to update or correct the personally identifiable information you provide to us.
- We work to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration.
- We provide various ways for you to contact us about our information practices and other aspects of privacy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We may collect the following information about you, either directly or through persons or entities acting on our behalf:
- Information we receive from your transactions with us, such as information you submit on or in connection with your payment, including, but not limited to: first and last name, address, telephone number, payment information and any other information required to prepare and file your payment.
- Information you provide to us to on applications, forms, online registrations, surveys, and in connection with polls or contests, such as your name, address and e-mail address. We may use your email address to provide customer service, confirmation emails, email reminders.
- Credit/Debit card and banking information, such as the account number, expiration date and billing address. We collect credit/debit card information when you choose either to pay with a credit/debit card. We receive information from our credit/debit card processor regarding your payment arrangements.
- Information when you visit our Website, such as navigation patterns at the site on an aggregate basis and information we collect through Internet cookies or clear gifs, such as time spent on our Website and which pages are visited. Internet cookies allow us to customize our Website for you based upon information you provide to us, such as by displaying only those items that may be of interest to you or making it easier for you to access your account information. In most cases, however, information we collect through Internet cookies does not identify you personally and is only used, for example, to help us understand which features of our Website are most popular with our clients.
LIMITATIONS ON INFORMATION SHARING
We do not share the information you provide. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to any other individuals or organizations. We will not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties (other than as required by law) unless you authorize us to make that disclosure. If you wish to authorize us to disclose your nonpublic personal financial information to nonaffiliated third parties, you may contact us. We treat information about our former patrons in the same manner as information of existing patrons.
PROTECTION OF NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use industry-recognized security safeguards to help protect the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration. Whenever we request that you transmit sensitive information, such as a credit/debit card number, to us through our Web site, we support encryption of your data as it is transmitted to us. We work to protect personally identifiable information stored on the site's servers from unauthorized access using industry standard computer security mechanisms. In addition, we have developed and deployed extensive security procedures and practices.